We have moved our plans into the second phase and have now decided, in order to protect our team, to close our operation until 1st May, 2020.
Firstly, when we return, we have increased the number of collection & delivery slots available. This will assist in “work from home” or “self-isolation” or other events whereby you feel it necessary to remain at home or work & come into limited contact with outside people.
Secondly, like many businesses in the U.K, MotorAid Ltd has been considering the impact & precautionary measures necessary as a result of the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). This issue is moving by the hour & we must all be led by the UK government response & advice; this is rapidly changing, & we will continue to monitor this, as I am sure you are too. Our Business Continuity Leadership Team including Directors, General & Senior Managers have initiated protocol looking at the health & wellbeing of our team, & the people we work with, which is of the utmost importance to us.
When resources are significantly impacted both with yourselves & within our own team, those team members can focus on urgent vehicle repairs & with planned maintenance tasks secondary. Our aim as family run independent is to keep you going in your hour of need, whether that means visiting hospitals, helping loved ones with logistics, or work.
For our commercial customers, we are also looking to the Government for any flexibility on the legal directives on safety inspections, MOT, tacho & others while keeping vehicles safe to operate. We would ask for your co-operation in this task; recognizing that it may bring short term challenges, but ultimately if we are all able to increase immediate capacity for essential tasks, we will be able to keep our clients’ fleets & our businesses moving through the peak of the virus.
MotorAid Ltd has yet to experience any material impact of the spread of COVID-19, but out of an abundance of caution, there are several steps we have asked our team to take to protect everyone. These follow government advice around self-isolation, but in addition the following steps:
- Avoid all but essential business travel, deferring instead to video or teleconferencing. This includes client & supplier face to face meetings, as well as internal management or other meetings. This also keeps our operational teams at our branches, & our mobile fitters on the road.
- We have shared best practice health tips with our team & continue to keep them updated daily, including the need to self-isolate, if they meet the UK Government criteria.
- We have placed extra h& sanitizing products around our offices & workshops & increased the frequency of office deep cleaning.
- In advance of attending a vehicle at the roadside or at client premises, our staff will ring ahead of their arrival, to ask whether there has been any exposure to the virus in relation to the vehicle they will work on, or the immediate area of the premises they are due to work in. If there has been exposure, we may defer the response (repair/maintenance) until safe to do so.
- If a vehicle is due to attend our workshops, we will ask in advance whether the vehicle, or owner/driver bringing it to our site, have been exposed to the virus. Once again, if yes, we may defer the work until safe to do so. We will obviously discuss this with you, should the situation arise.
- If one of our commercials customer sites is impacted & perhaps closed as a result of the virus, we would ask you to notify us to avoid any exposure or unnecessary travel.
- If you visit one of our sites, please wash your hands with soap & water (for a minimum of 20 seconds) upon arrival &/or use hand sanitiser Gels when handwashing facilities are not available.
- When you drop off any vehicles for us to work on, please make every effort to wipe the main contact-areas with a sanitiser – key areas are the steering wheel, gearstick, handles (inside & outside), switches, seatbelt & sun visor.
- Wear protective gloves when moving any vehicles & where possible remain in the cab of the delivery transporter.
- Observe a minimum distance of 2m between yourself & employees If delivering to our site, inform the relevant area of your arrival & return to your cab & wait to be unloaded, again observing minimum distance.
- Cover any cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin. Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- Avoid our premises if: If you feel unwell & call 111 online coronavirus service.
- If in the last 14 days, you have travelled to any countries listed as category 1 or 2 as listed on the Gov.co.uk website If you have been in contact with someone portraying any symptoms of the Coronavirus.
We will continue to communicate with you via various mediums including email, text & social media. By communicating frequently & working together, we can keep your vehicle or fleet to keep moving & maintain the best possible service to you in what will be a very challenging period. Our commitment to protecting our service, our staff & you our valued customers remain paramount.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us as below.
Body Repairs – 01268 727127 – https://www.motoraid.com/our-services/body-repair-centre/