Mercedes Benz Servicing, Diagnostics & Repair
MotorAid are specialists in Mercedes servicing, diagnostics and repair. We provide an award-winning and professional level of customer service at a fraction of the cost of a main dealer.
What we can offer for your Mercedes servicing and repairs:
- Collection & Delivery service**
- Courtesy cars**
- Mercedes Servicing
- MOT testing
- Mercedes Car repairs
- Manufacturers standard warranty unaffected by all our servicing
- Approved by most major leasing companies
- Manufacturer trained Mercedes specialist technicians
- 12 months Manufacturer parts and labour guarantee
- Only genuine OE Mercedes parts and recommended lubricants are fitted
- State of the art Mercedes diagnostic equipment
- Competitive Battery, Exhaust and Tyre Replacement prices
- Air conditioning servicing and regas
- Service history – your Service Book stamped and all services documented (online or offline)
** Subject to availability
Our technicians are trained to manufacturer standards which means we can carry out any repair to your Mercedes car. In fact ask your local garage where they bring their problem Mercedes Benz work too in Essex and it will always be MotorAid.
MotorAid use the latest Mercedes Benz STAR Diagnostics Compact machines with direct factory link that enables us to quickly diagnose any issues with your car. We use genuine and original equipment parts with a minimum of 1 year parts and labour guarantee. In fact if Mercedes Benz offer 2 years on certain parts as guarantee, so do we.
No matter how complicated the repairs are, wiring, electrics, major mechanical overhaul, air conditioning, accessory fittings, it’s our profession to get it right first time.
We offer the same great care for your AMG or Brabus tuned Mercedes, so why pay more when you can get:
- Award winning garage to carry out any repair or service
- Experienced and manufacturer trained technicians
- Accurate diagnostics
- Servicing & repairs do not invalidate your warranty
- A fraction of the cost of a main dealer
Mercedes Benz Service History and Warranty Protected
European block exemption law changed in 2003 and it now means that as a professional independent specialist we can now carry out all Mercedes Benz servicing without making the standard Mercedes Benz warranty invalid.
Your service book is either stamped or the digital service book is completed electronically online.
If a main dealer claims that by servicing your Mercedes Benz at an independent invalidates your warranty, we want to hear about it, there is no truth in this at all.
If your vehicle is leased, then please call us to check that we work with you lease company beforehand. MotorAid contracts with all major lease companies for the service of Mercedes Benz vehicles in accordance with Mercedes Benz standard servicing guidelines.
Mercedes Servicing Specialists for Servicing and Repairs
With years of Mercedes Benz experience, you can leave your car in our safe hands. We are truly an independent Mercedes Benz Servicing specialists that know our stuff.
All work carried out on your Mercedes Benz will be checked and approved with you prior to any work being commenced, after all it’s your money and were not spending it !
Every technician is trained professionally and our knowledgeable customer service team will be able to quickly and accurately inform you what is required for servicing if you can supply a registration and mileage when you call.
Common faults with Mercedes Cars
We have listed below a list of common faults we find with Mercedes cars. The list is by no means exhaustive but a representation of some of the frequent problems we find with Mercedes cars.
- SL Class W230 ABC (Active Body Control) pumps fail causing heavy steering/suspension issues
- S Class W220 Airmatic issues legs, struts valve blocks & pumps fail causing suspension to drop
- E Class W207 Cab/coupe water sloshing when moving, water drains blocked require rubber bung removing
- C Class W204 2008 – rear bulb holders & wiring burn out requiring replacement.
- C Class W204 (2008-2014) Steering Locks Failing. Typical symptoms include key not being accepted into the ignition and steering lock getting jammed on.
- Mercedes Folding Mirrors Wiring Issues, affects all Mercedes with folding mirrors – the wires stretch within the frame, eventually the wires break and affect the function of the mirror indicator and movement of the mirror.
- R Class W251 & ML Class W164 Brake light Faults, rear bulb warnings appear on dash although bulbs are working when checked. Modification to bulb holders and wiring available.
- M271 (180 Compressor Engines) Engine Camshaft Gears Wearing, various Mercedes engines have this fault, the camshaft gears wear. The timing of the engine is affected which can cause correlation faults and the timing chain to jump.
- M272 (280/350 V6 Petrol Engines) Engine Balance Shaft Gear Wearing, can cause timing correlation faults causing engine management light to come on. Modified balance shaft available which requires engine removal and engine strip to replace.
- A Class W169 & B Class W245, Air Con Condensors Leaking. Common issue on these to leak.
- 642 V6 engine oil cooler seals leak require replacement, strip & clean.
- 642 (320/350CDI) Engine Modified Turbo Seal & Inletport Shutoff Motor Failure. Modified turbo seal available designed to stop oil leaking into the ’V’ & onto the inlet port shut off motor (operates the rods inside the inlet manifolds. Common fault that oil leaks from the old seal onto the inlet motor causing failure.
- 642 (320/350CDI) Engine Turbo Actuator Failure. Common fault the the motor that moves the turbo actuator fails internally.
- 642 (320/350CDI) Engine Glow Plug Faults & Modified Relays.
- SBC Service Message Fault, E Class W211, – Happens when the pre-programmed amount of pedal applications has been reached. Sometimes can be reprogrammed or unit may require replacement.
- M271 & M111 (180 Kompressor Engine) Engine Oil In Engine Wiring Harness, cam solenoids leak oil internally into engine loom. Modified wiring loom available to stop any more oil getting into loom. Sometimes wiring harness replacement required.
- Gearbox Speed Sensor Faults, affects all Mercedes automatic gearboxes. The speed sensors are part of the internal control unit in the gearbox. In most cases the unit can be either repaired or replaced.
- Mercedes om651 engine chain rattles, injectors issues and inlet manifold faults.
- Mercedes om651 water pumps and fuel filter housing to block leaking coolant and thermostat issues.
- Mercedes m272 3 discs thermostat sticking open faults.
- Mercedes SL Intermittent electrical faults to include wipers/srs being and electronic switch fault.
If you feel that your Mercedes is not performing as it should, then please contact us now to book a service or repair.