What we can offer for your SMART car servicing and repairs:
- Collection & Delivery service**
- Courtesy cars**
- Smart Car Servicing
- MOT testing
- Smart Car Car repairs
- Manufacturers standard warranty unaffected by all our servicing
- Approved by most major leasing companies
- Manufacturer trained Smart Car specialist technicians
- 12 months Manufacturer parts and labour guarantee
- Only genuine OE Smart Car parts and recommended lubricants are Fitted
- State of the art Smart Car diagnostic equipment
- Competitive Battery, Exhaust and Tyre Replacement prices
- Air conditioning servicing and regas
- Service history – your car Service Book stamped and all services documented
- We also offer the same great care for your Brabus tuned SMART.
** Subject to availability
We provide Smart Car servicing, MOTs and repairs in Essex, including Southend, Ilford, Romford, Thurrock, Basildon, Redbridge, Grays, Loughton, Chelmsford, Billericay, Maldon and Brentwood.
SMART Servicing, Diagnostics & Repair
At MotorAid we provide an award winning and professional level of customer service for your SMART ForTwo, SMART Roadster, SMART City Coupe, SMART City Cabriolet, SMART ForFour in Basildon, Essex and Hainault, London.
Our technicians are trained to manufacturer standards, we operate SMART STAR Diagnostics Compact machines with direct factory link, the real thing that enables us to diagnose fast, issues relating to your car. SMART STAR diagnostic machines outside the main dealer network are a rare thing and we are lucky to have invested heavily in these cutting edge pieces of diagnostic equipment and have a trained SMART diagnostics team that can use them correctly.
We don’t deal with “copy” equipment from China, they can corrupt software and cause engine ECU failures. We don’t use aftermarket diagnostics equipment on your SMART car that gives false diagnostics readings costing you money.
We use genuine and original equipment parts with a minimum of 1 year parts and labour guarantee, in fact if SMART offer 2 years on certain parts as guarantee, so do we.
No matter how complicated the repairs are, wiring looms, electronics, engine overhaul, major overhaul, air conditioning repair and servicing, accessories, it’s our profession to diagnose, repair, install it right first time. In fact ask your local garage where they bring their problem SMART cars in Essex and London, it’ll probably be MotorAid.
SMART Service History and Warranty Protected
European block exemption law changed in 2003 and it now means that as a professional independent specialist we can now carry out all SMART servicing without making the standard SMART warranty invalid.
Your service book is either stamped or completed electronically online. If a main dealer claims that by servicing your SMART at an independent invalidates your warranty, we want to hear about it, there is no truth in this at all.
If your vehicle is leased, then please check with your lease company beforehand. MotorAid have contracts with all major lease companies for the service of SMART vehicles in accordance with SMART standard servicing guidelines, without fail, this is very important to SMART cars especially (read below).
SMART Servicing Specialists for Servicing and Repairs
With years of SMART experience you can leave your car in safe hands. SMARTS do need a level of “looking after” using correct oils for example during servicing.
If you get a cheap quote, always check what oils your garage is using for your SMART car, things are always cheap for a reason and catastrophic engine failure is inevitable if SMART cars are using the incorrect oil grades and filters.
We are truly an independent SMART Servicing specialists that know our stuff. All work carried out on your SMART will be checked and approved with you prior to any work being commenced, after all its your money and were not spending it!
Every technician is trained professionally and our knowledgeable customer service team will be able to quickly and accurately inform you what is required for servicing if you can supply a registration and mileage when you call.
Common faults with Smart Cars
We have listed below a list of common faults we find with Smart cars. The list is by no means exhaustive but a representation of some of the frequent problems we find with Smart cars.
Ask our team when booking if you require one of our convenience services ; a courtesy car, collection and delivery service or dropping off at a local station.
- Smart 4-2 451 – Alternator belt coming of requires either a modified fixing or a new alternator
- All smarts suffer with clutch actuator failures causing gear issues or 3 lines on the dash
- Smarts flashing there indicators numerous times when unlocking, requires TAN codes & key reprogramming
- Modified wiring on cdi engines for dpf pressure sensor
- Dpf temperature sensor faults for before and after dpf temperature difference outside specified values over 40oC
If your Smart car is not running properly, damaged or needs an MOT please contact us and talk to our friendly team who are here to help with any problems you have with your Smart car.