Please find below some of the frequently asked questions.
If you still can’t find the answer you’re looking for please feel free to give us a call, and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Can you service my car without affecting the standard warranty?
Yes, we can service your car without affecting the standard warranty. Block exemption rules state that you are not obliged, or restricted in any way by a condition of the warranty, to have your car serviced by a franchised dealer.
Can you deal with my warranty company (after sales warranty company)?
Yes, we will happily deal with your warranty company. It is advisable to check your policy terms and conditions for what is or may not be covered. Please let us know when you book with us that you have a warranty, and what company it is with.
Can you carry out manufacturer warranty repairs?
Unfortunately, manufacturer warranty repairs must be carried out by an authorised dealer.
Can you carry out manufacturer warranty recalls?
Manufacturer recalls must be carried out by an authorised dealer.
How do I check what service I am due?
- Most modern instrument clusters have the ability to display your service requirements. Whist every display can differ in some way, if you check your owners handbook it will explain in detail. If you are struggling to work it out please feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to help.
- If you have BMW, it is possible that your MOT may be due. BMW instrument clusters incorporate an MOT reminder that displays ‘Service’ when due.
How can I check if my MOT is due?
Your MOT can be checked by checking the expiry date on your certificate. If you do not have this to hand, it is possible to check online.
I am overdue my service, does it matter?
We recommend that all servicing is carried out as per the manufacturers time and/or mileage interval. An advisable maximum time or mileage over is 1000 miles or 1 month.
How often should my car be serviced?
We recommend that all servicing is carried out as per the manufacturers time and/or mileage interval. Most cars have a yearly or mileage interval, whichever comes first, although certain cars do have longer intervals. If you’re unsure, please contact us, and we will be happy to help.
Do you send service/MOT reminders?
Yes, we send out reminders by post.
Do you have a parts department?
We do not have a direct parts department, however we do carry certain spares in stock. We do not ‘break’ cars for spares.
Can you update digital service books?
Yes, we can update your digital service book – Mercedes Benz, BMW, Volkswagen & Audi inclusive.
Will my service book be stamped?
Yes, your service book will be stamped and updated.
My warning lights have come up, is it safe to drive?
Dependant on the warning light, your vehicle may be safe to drive:
- If your engine management light has come on and the car is running okay, get it booked in as soon as possible to avoid possible further damage. If the car is running poorly, hesitating or stuttering it may be best to get it recovered.
- If your ABS/ESP light has come on and the braking system is working okay, get it booked in as soon as possible to avoid possible further issues. If the brakes are not working correctly then it will have to be recovered.
- If your SRS/airbag light has come on, it is indicating a fault within the Safety Restraint System. Normally it is safe to drive.
- If your brake warning indicator light has come on, you normally have approximately 500 miles remaining to get them replaced.
What does ‘this symbol on dash’ mean?
As all instrument clusters are different it would be impossible to list them all. If you check your owner’s manual, it will show you what your warning light means.
Can you collect?
Yes, we can collect and deliver your car, subject to availability.
Can I have a courtesy car, what happens with insurance?
Yes, we can provide courtesy cars, subject to availability. Insurance is covered through us, (terms and conditions apply) or if you wish to provide your own insurance proof will be required.
Can you recover my car?
Yes, although we do not provide the service ourselves, we can arrange recovery for you.
Can my automatic car be released from park position?
Certain cars can be manually released from the park position, your owner’s manual will show you how to do this if possible.
Can you code this control unit?
Yes, we have ‘state of the art’ computer diagnostic tools. Our Mercedes Benz Star/Xentry machine is capable of coding any Mercedes Benz control unit. Our Autologic machines can code Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Volkswagen and Audi Control Units.
Can I be dropped off at ………. ?
We can arrange drop off if prearranged to the Basildon area. Please ask when you book.
Do you use genuine parts? Do you use after-market parts?
We use genuine parts and Original Equipment Market parts (OEM). We do not use cheap alternative quality parts. If you have a specific requirement, please do not hesitate too ask.
What’s included in my service?
We carry out servicing as recommended per the manufacturers time and/or mileage interval. If you are unsure of exactly what needs to be done, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Can you order new keys?
We can order keys for Mercedes Benz, Porsche and BMW. We cannot supply keys for Volkswagen or Audi. Proof of ownership, ID and address will be required before ordering. Please contact us for more details.
When should my cambelt be replaced?
Every car has different specifications:
- Most Volkswagens / Audi’s are 5 years or 80,000 miles. It is recommended that the water pump is replaced whilst changing the cambelt (where driven by the cambelt).
- BMW’s have timing chains and do not need to be replaced. (Other than a very early BMW engine)
- Most Mercedes Benz have timing chains and do not need to replaced – certain late A Class models have a timing belt.
- Most Porches have timing chains and do not need to replaced.
What oils do you use?
We are currently using Mobil 1. Specifications available upon request.
When should my aircon be serviced?
In most cases, we recommend you service your vehicle air conditioning every two years.
Can you remove my DPF?
We do not remove DPFs. We may be able to get your DPF cleaned or rectify the problem causing your DPF too be blocked. Please call for details.
What guarantee do I get?
Parts, and labour are guaranteed for one year. Genuine parts have a two-year guarantee.
When can I bring my car in for an estimate?
Normally we can provide estimates as and when you arrive. We do have busy periods, if you would like to arrange a specific time please contact us first.
How long will it take?
We can advise you how long your service, or repair is likely to take at time of booking.
Can I wait?
You are welcome to wait for services and small repairs in our waiting room. Tea, and coffee is provided free of charge. If you would like to wait, let us know at time of booking, and we can make the arrangements.
Can I supply my own parts?
We are happy to fit your supplied parts. We do not fit, or recommend fitting cheap quality parts.
Can you carry out other cosmetic repairs whilst insurance work is undertook?
Yes, let us know what your require to be done and we can provide a quote.
What oil does my car take?
Every car has different specifications, your owner’s manual will tell you what specification oil is required.