MotorAid Ltd has been an award-winning independent specialist for 21 years, servicing and maintaining our customer’s trucks, trailers and vans from our main branch in Basildon, Essex.
As well as taking care of all makes of trucks and vans, we are also an Approved HINO Centre for sales service and parts.
New Iveco trucks and vans also available.
What we can offer you:
- Vehicle fleet care
- Commercial van and truck servicing from £149.00 excl VAT*
- Class 4, 5, & 7 Van and Minibus MOT’s
- Commercial vehicle MOT preparation & submitting for test
- Manufacturers standard warranty unaffected by all our servicing.
- Only genuine or O.E manufacturer parts and recommended lubricants used
- Approved by most major leasing companies
- Breakdown & recovery service
- State of the art diagnostic testing using the latest equipment
- Manufacturer trained & qualified truck technicians
- Camper / Motor Home servicing (excluding body)
- MOT testing facility classes 4, 5l & 7
- LGV & HGV safety inspections
- Air conditioning servicing
- 100% manufacturer parts and labour guarantee for 12 months.
- We offer commercial van and truck repairs and service in Essex, including Southend, Ilford, Romford, Thurrock, Basildon, Redbridge, Grays, Loughton, Chelmsford and Brentwood.
We service: Mercedes, Iveco, Ford, Renault, Scania, Hino, Volkswagen, Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen, Volvo and Man and all other manufacturers, and are open form Mon to Friday from 06:00 – 22:00 and from 07:00 to 12 noon.
Safer Lorry Scheme
MotorAid in Basildon Essex can offer your organisation services in order to make you completely compliant with the Safer Lorry Scheme.
“The scheme ensures that only lorries with basic safety equipment fitted will be allowed on London’s roads. Under London’s scheme, most vehicles that are currently exempt from national legislation for basic safety equipment will have to be retrofitted.
This includes construction vehicles, which are involved in a disproportionate number of fatal collisions involving cyclists and pedestrians.
MotorAid can supply and fit under the Safer Lorry Scheme for vehicles over 3.5 tonnes that are currently exempt and will be required to:
- Be fitted with Class V and Class VI mirrors giving the driver a better view of cyclists and pedestrians around their vehicles
- Be fitted with underruns or side guards to protect cyclists from being dragged under the wheels in the event of a collision
The scheme will be enforced by the Metropolitan Police Service, City of London Police and the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.
- Drivers found to be in charge of a non-compliant vehicle may be issued with a £50 Fixed Penalty Notice
- The offence also carries a potential fine of £1000 at Magistrate’s court
- The Traffic Commissioner, who has the power to modify or suspend operator licenses, will also be notified of companies operating vehicles in breach of the scheme
Call our specialised team at MotorAid, Basildon, Essex on 01268 725846 to discuss your needs.