BMW Servicing, Diagnostics & Repair
Get your BMW service, repairs and MOT’s carried out by MotorAid. Why? Because we are:
- An award winning garage
- We use genuine and O.E (Original Equipment) parts with a 1 year parts and labour guarantee. In fact quite often BMW offer 2 years on parts as a guarantee, and so do we.
- Our technicians are trained to manufacturer standards
- We operate BMW AutoLogic Diagnostics machines that enable us to quickly diagnose any problems with your car.
- We provide a customer service that we consider ‘second to none!’
No matter how complicated the repairs are, wiring, electrics, major mechanical overhaul, air conditioning, accessory fittings, well get it right first time. In fact we do a large percentage of “problem jobs” that other garages wont entertain.
What we can offer for your BMW service or repair:
- Collection & delivery service**
- Courtesy cars**
- BMW servicing
- MOT testing.
- BMW repairs and servicing from £92.00 inc. VAT.
- Manufacturers standard warranty unaffected by all our servicing.
- Approved by most major leasing companies
- Manufacturer trained BMW and Mini car specialist technicians.
- 12 months Manufacturer parts and labour guarantee.
- Only genuine OE BMW & Mini car parts and recommended lubricants are fitted
- State of the art BMW diagnostic equipment.
- Competitive battery, exhaust and tyre replacement prices.
- Air conditioning servicing and re-gas
- Service history – your car service book stamped and all services documented.
- We also offer the same great care for your M Tech, or Alpina tuned cars.
- Advice about issues with swirl flaps on BMW engines.
**Subject to Availability
We provide a full and interim BMW service, MOT’s and repairs in Essex, including Southend, Ilford, Romford, Thurrock, Basildon, Redbridge, Grays, Loughton, Chelmsford, Billericay, Maldon and Brentwood.
BMW Warranty and Service History Protected
European block exemption law changed in 2003 and it now means that as a BMW independent garage we can now carry out all BMW servicing without making the standard BMW warranty invalid. Your service book is either stamped or completed electronically online.
If a main dealer claims that by servicing your BMW at an independent garage invalidates your warranty, then we want to hear about it, as there is no truth in this at all. You can see the rule yourself by clicking here.
If your vehicle is leased, then please check with your lease company beforehand. However, MotorAid have contracts with all major lease companies for the service of BMW vehicles in accordance with BMW standard servicing guidelines.
BMW Service, repair and MOT
With years of BMW experience you can leave your car in our safe hands. We are truly an independent BMW Servicing specialists that know our stuff.
Any work carried to your vehicle will be communicated and approved by you prior to any work being started, after all its your money and were not spending it!
Every technician is trained to manufacturer standards and our award-winning customer service team will be able to quickly and accurately inform you what is required for a service if you can supply a registration and mileage when you contact us.
Ask our team when booking if you require one of our convenience services; a courtesy car, collection and delivery service, or dropping off at a local station.
Common faults with BMW Cars
We have listed below a list of common faults we find when carrying out a BMW service or repair. The list is by no means exhaustive but a representation of some of the frequent problems we find with BMW cars.
- All petrol engines 2006 – Suffer with misfires which require in worst cases all spark plugs, ignition coils & injectors which causes the below.
- NOX sensors failing on petrol engines (various models with petrol engines 2006>).
- BMW DPFs Blocked – (Various Diesel Models).
- Glow Plug Faults 3.0D Engines.
- 1/3 Series (E81, E87, E90, E91, E92, E93 Models) Leaking fuel when filling up – Fuel tank breather pipe leaking (rubs through as passes through chassis rail).
- 1/3 Series (E81, E87, E90, E91, E92, E93 Models) Steering lock faults.We can try a reset but if it does not work it will require a new steering lock which comes as part of column.
- Mini Steering lock faults – We can try a reset but if it does not work it will require a new lock.
- BMW Battery Discharge Warning Faults / Clock resetting – Typical of an ageing AGM battery (AGM Battery’s are black in colour). When being replaced they will require coding afterwards.
- N47 Engine timing chain failure.
- BMW DSC/ESP/ABS Internal Pressure Sensor fault – Affects various BMW models. Up to 2 litre models usually have a repair kit available for this, however models over a 2 litre normally have a unit fitted that has no repair kit available, therefore a new ABS/ESP is required.
- Clutch / Dual Mass Flywheel judder – Common amongst various models, particularly with diesel engines. The springs within the clutch and flywheel wear. A new clutch flywheel is normally required.
- Wet PDC Control Units / Bluetooth modules – These are located within the boot and are suspect to water ingress on various models.
- Stop Start Inop – A requirement of stop start technology to work is that there are no faults in the engine management system.
- Rear ABS rings corroding – Various models can cause ABS/ESP warning lights to illuminate and also cause the ESP light to illuminate temporarily as if skidding when going round corners.
- 335d twin turbo pipes perishing.
- Mini thermostat housings leaking.
BMW X5 (E53) (2001-2008)
- Rear subframe bushes wear – This can cause knocking from the rear end over bumps. General rear end instability and clonking when changing from reverse to drive.
- Front door handle carriers breaking – Handle pulls but will not open from the outside. Inside door handle always works.